After advanced studies in renowned pastry schools in France, Philippe found his feet working alongside prestigious chefs like Gérard Rabaey and Eric Briffard (awarded the title "Meilleur Ouvrier de France") to mention just a few. He has been from palace to palace and chateau to chateau in France and the world, not forgetting numerous internships with great pastry chefs such as Pierre Hermé, Christophe Felder, and Stéphane Glacier. I don't know about you, but I find it a bit doubtful when a chef claims his recipes are within the reach of any mere mortal. It's easy to work miracles when you're a pro and you work in a kitchen equipped with the latest high-tech gadgets. And then there's the list of un-findable ingredients and kitchen implements that you'll only use once in your life but that are "absolutely indispensable"...I hate it! Philippe Blondiaux, Head Pastry Chef of a gastronomic restaurant in the Lavaux has understood all that: His classes take place at his home, in his kitchen in the company of his welcoming wife, a combination that adds a pinch of soul to the mix. www.blondiaux.ch
To celebrate 10 years at DCUBE, not far from the agency amidst the sunny autumn vinyards, Philippe Blondiaux made fantastic desserts all day long accompanied by the delicious wines of Sébastien Dupraz. A Dimanche a la Campagne that could have been immortalised by Renoir. On the menu, not only could one watch the demonstrations by Philippe Blondiaux, but above all enjoy the gastronomic pastries for hours unending:
1. PETITE CREME A LA FEVE DE TONKA, MELI MELO DE FRUITS ROUGES, with a GARANOIR "CUVEE MILANE", by Caves Dupraz.
2. FOIE GRAS POELLE MINUTE, COULIS DE MANGUE, with a RIESLING SYLVANER by Caves Dupraz.
3. NOUGAT TENDRE "FAIT MAISON" AUX AMANDES GRILLEES , with a BLANC DE BLANC, "METHODE TRADITIONNELLE" by Caves Dupraz.
4. MOUSSE AU CHOCOLAT NOIR "PUR GUANAJA" VERSION 2011. CRUMBLE A LA NOIX DE COCO , with a CABERNET SAUVIGNON by Caves Dupraz.
5. FIGUES DE SOLLIES ROTIES A L'ORANGE ET A LA VANILLE DE MADAGASCAR, with the mythic VENDANGE TARDIVE "DOUCEUR DE DECEMBRE" by Caves Dupraz.
6. MADELEINES TIEDES AU CITRON BIO, with a CHARDONNAY "BARRIQUE" by Caves Dupraz.
...and this delicious demonstration held the interest of everyone, big or little!!!